LiterarySocial's Lit Wit Contest

• 15 posts
    December 30, 2015 1:32 PM EST

First Annual Lit Wit contest!

As mentioned in our blog post, we're having a fun #contest and you're invited! No entry fee and we do have some cool prizes.

First the formalities, rules. Yeah, we know, rules are such a drag. However, we can't have a contest without them.

CONTEST RULES

1. DATE: Starts January 1, 2016 and ends March 31, 2016

2. ENTRY: Contestants will enter by posting their work on literarysocial.com as detailed below, and submitting an official entry at our contest form . Entries must be good quality submissions. Gibberish or nonsensical entries will be disqualified. We're looking for great stories or poems. Any genre is accepted but erotica has special requirements as seen below. Erotica would not be promoted in general areas of the site due to adult content.

3. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open worldwide, to those over the age of 13, who are current members of LiterarySocial. If not a member now, you can join free of charge.

4. WINNER SELECTION: Every qualified entry for each 1000 word submission will have their names entered into a random name generator. Names will be drawn for each prize at random intervals during the contest term.

5. PRIZES: Prizes will be listed on Literary Social during the three month event.

6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.

7. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Literary Social in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or is otherwise in violation of these rules.

8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Literary Social is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Literary Social may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Literary Social from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.

9. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by contacting Literary Social.

10. SUBMISSIONS: Literary Social owns no part of the content submitted. By submitting an entry(or entries) to the Lit Wit contest, contestant grants LiterarySocial the right to promote the submissions via social media, show the articles on the LiterarySocial website (unless article is locked as private) and feature non private winning articles. Contestant warrants that any work submitted is their own work and as such, has the right to submit said work. Any copyrighted, plagiarised materials submitted would result in immediate disqualification and removal from LiterarySocial. Contest is governed by our privacy and terms of service. Contestant acknowledges that they have read both and agree to be bound by the contest rules and by the site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Now for the fun part! The writing!! Go have at it....

What? Prizes? Oh yeah we did say we have prizes:

The contest will have the following prizes:
    2 book covers (one per winner) (One from Rouge and one from Soxsational Cover Art).
    2 proofreading/basic editing with 50,000 max word limit. (one edit/proofreading per winner)
    2 Muses bracelets (one per winner)
    1 Scrivener license downloadable(pending approval from Scrivener) If we don't get approval, this won't be included as a prize. Additional copy via CDRom is not included.

How do you get those nice prizes?
    Each qualified submission gets you an entry into the contest. Submissions must contain good writing. For stories, you can submit chapters of a manuscript (up to 1000 words) or a short 1000 word story. Poems need to be a minimum of 1000 words as well.

Submit your entries here, here and be sure to choose the category Writing Contests. Please do not submit erotica at that link. You can use a hashtag at the end of your story #contest to get better ranking in Google and other search engines if you want extra promotion.

Erotica has to be submitted in the private erotica group as it cannot be in the main site due to our site rules. If you write erotica and want to submit some non-adult chapters of it, that's fine to go in the main area.

Once you've submitted your work here at LiterarySocial, you'll need to post a link to it to our contest form

We'll be promoting the winning stories/poems so this will help you get the word out for your writing, for those that want it. If you do not want to have any promoting done, please contact Donna or
    Mandi and we'll keep your submissions out of the promotions and also let you know how to set your submissions to private.

Questions? Ask in a post.
    • 15 posts
    December 31, 2015 5:00 PM EST
    In case some don't know what Scrivener is, http://literarysocial.com/blog/18/scrivener/ that blog explains it. I do love Scrivener
    • 1 posts
    December 31, 2015 6:47 PM EST
    5 hours, 13 minutes till I can start writing and see if I can get some words flowing for this!
    • 1 posts
    January 1, 2016 4:55 PM EST
    First 1000 words for Lit Wit done! http://literarysocial.com/article/108/work-in-progress-untamed/ WOOT!
    • 15 posts
    January 1, 2016 5:38 PM EST
    Nice job. Just so folks know, we'll be posting for encouragement but Mandi and I are disqualified from winning since we are running the contest.
    • 15 posts
    January 1, 2016 7:48 PM EST
    Ok this is in my private group so join the group to read it. You might want to read the previous parts of it in that same thread.This is today's work. Since staff stuff isn't part of the actual contest, it's not in the contest section.

http://literarysocial.com/forum/thread/83/new-stuffs-to-try/view_189/
    • 15 posts
    January 5, 2016 5:58 PM EST
    I heard back from Scrivener and we can offer a prize of a Scrivener downloadThe winner of it will need to give name and address and operating system in order for us to order it in their name. We would pay for it of coursebut the only way to order it for someone is to have those details.
    • 1 posts
    January 5, 2016 5:58 PM EST
    How very cool!
    • 1 posts
    January 24, 2016 1:25 AM EST
    I would never have believed it possible, but due to trying to be a good motivator for this contest, I am now past 50% of my first novella for the next anthology done. I'm hoping soon I'll be able to start on the second one. My goal? By the time this contest is done, I'll be beginning edits on Risque Romance Vol 2
    • 15 posts
    January 24, 2016 5:21 AM EST

[blockquote]Mandi Konesni said:

I would never have believed it possible, but due to trying to be a good motivator for this contest, I am now past 50% of my first novella for the next anthology done. I'm hoping soon I'll be able to start on the second one. My goal? By the time this contest is done, I'll be beginning edits on Risque Romance Vol 2

[/blockquote]

That's awesome! The book is coming along great too.
    • 15 posts
    February 27, 2016 2:58 PM EST
    As we didn't get a lot of interest or participation in this, we're cancelling it for now. We'll do one later this year so stay tuned!