Buffer Button to Post to Twitter, Facebook and Others

• 7 posts
    January 24, 2014 10:20 AM EST

You may have noticed a button under various items such as photos, blogs, etc called Buffer. It is for sharing to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and many more places and is free to use. It allows you to either share right away or to put things in the buffer and time it to share at whatever intervals you want.

We prefer for you to use this method to share because it shortens the url. This is important because Facebook and Twitter are will label stuff as spam if they have long urls, which can get this site banned from those places.

It's very easy to use. Just click it and you will see the same sort of popup you get when sharing to Facebook, Twitter, etc and you will need to make a free account on Buffer which is also easy. Once you make the account, you will need to put your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or whatever social sites you want to use it to share with. They make it easy to add the sites.

They even have a browser add on that lets you use Buffer to share things you find all over the internet so you can also use it on sites other than Literary Social.

This is a link to Buffer. I've used this for a few years now and love it for sharing. I can see stats for how many people viewed my shared links too, which is great IMO.

If you don't want to use Buffer, you can still click the manually share a link but please first use something such as bitly to shorten your urls.

This post was edited by LS Admin at April 8, 2017 2:07 PM EDT
    • 41 posts
    February 11, 2023 3:11 PM EST

Thanks Admin for adding the buffer button so we can share more from Literary Social.