A Good Pen

• 15 posts
    September 10, 2014 6:14 AM EDT
    Ok so it sounds like an odd discussion but if you write like I do, starting on a normal paper notebook then your pen is important. I like a black, very fine point pen. So far, my fave is the Zebra F-402. I like black ink, and fine, because it's easier to read and see the mistakes when I'm editing later. A fat point or blue ink, for me, makes editing difficult and just looks like crap.

I recently ran out of ink and can't buy some at this time so I used one of my son's Pilot G-2 07 pens. It's supposed to be fine as well but it blotches on the page and is more like a marker. I don't like it as my words are too heavy looking and starting to bunch together due to the type of pen. Also, it goes through the page. I waste paper with this pen.

What pens or pencils have you found work best for you?

#writingtools
  • October 22, 2014 7:02 PM EDT
    Not an odd discussion at all. I find that when I'm jotting down ideas for my stories, or anytime I write, I have to use the Pentel R.S.V.P 0.5mm fine point-ballpoint pens in black. It's been a preference of mine since I was in 6th grade and I've never used any other pens except those and no other ink color but black.
    • 41 posts
    March 3, 2023 9:07 PM EST

That would be a Papermate Profile 1.4B for me.  It's mid-point.