LibreOffice

• 7 posts
    March 9, 2014 2:10 PM EDT
    We are currently testing LibreOffice as we had seen several reviews that say it's better than OpenOffice which we wrote a blog about.

We will review it in a blog once we've done more testing. So far, testing is not going so well. We tried to install an extension for the latest version but it had errors. The extensions for writing are few and far between so that is a little disappointing.

#writing
    #writingsoftware
    #writingtools
    • 15 posts
    March 11, 2014 5:54 PM EDT
    This is looking interesting. Seems to have some built in tools that OpenOffice does not have or that I've not seen before in it. Will test further.
    • 7 posts
    March 15, 2014 2:21 PM EDT
    This is looking better and better every day. We figured out how to get the plugin to work with just a few tweaks and so far the tools with Libre are looking better from a writer's perspective as the word count is right there in the footer of the document without needing extra steps to get a word count. There are other tools as well. We will do a review of this once we have used it more, but so far, it looks pretty good.
  • November 14, 2017 9:39 AM EST

I have used Libre as it was installed on a second hand notebook I brought. I have to say, I like it. It tend to write in it and then tidy up in word before saving as a PDF and yes the word count is a bonus.

• 15 posts
    November 14, 2017 3:12 PM EST

Yeah it's a great tool. I use it and Scrivener.